Friday, August 27, 2010

IN HER SHOES: BluLabel Bungalow

Erika from BluLabel Bungalow is one of my go-to favorite designers for inspiration. We both believe that your fashion choices have a huge impact on the style of your home.

One of her favorite features that I love is when she breaks apart a room and turns into an outfit or vice versa or a little bit of both!

Here is one her latest ones:

The room inspiration picture:



Her picks to recreate the look in both home decor & fashion:



Just lovely! Erika is a busy mom of 3, wife, interior designer and blogger! I thought it would be fun to see what a typical day was like for her with her 3 little design assistants. :)

Enjoy!
__________________________________________________


5:30AM - My husband Chris heads out to work. Before he leaves he
kisses me on the lips even with my morning breath...brave man. I
usually arise at 6:00AM, but I'm still tired from a late night
catching up on mind-numbing reality shows (Flipping Out, Rachel Zoe,
TO Show).


Roll over until 7:30AM. My feet hit the floor and then I kneel down
for some "Beside Baptist" (prayers) to remind myself that "For Nothing
Is Impossible With God!"


source

8:15 AM - I don't have a post scheduled for the day so I tell my
readers about this upcoming guest post. I also respond to a few emails
and review my to-list for the day.



8:40 AM - Evan and Dallas are awake and come down to say good morning.
I send Evan back upstairs to wake Ava.

8:45 - 10:00 AM - I feed, clean, and dress the kids for the day and we
finally head out the door.


10:10 AM - I get an email on my Blackberry from Sherwin
Williams asking permission to add my link to swstir.com. Hmm, let me
think...heck yeah!

10:50AM - Arrive early for our Audiology appointment (very rare) and
my fellow Mocha and friend
Miko arrives to help with the kids (God bless her!). I sit with each
child while they receive their hearing test. Miko entertains the
others. The twins are so cooperative and do so well that we finish the
appointment in half the time!



12:15 PM - Head back to the truck. As soon as everyone is buckled in,
someone in the back reminds me that it's time to eat again. They
request chicken nuggets. Everyone is in such a great mood. I see this
as a great "shopportunity."



1:30 PM - 3:00 PM - We hit 5 stores, take a total of 2 potty breaks,
and have 1 diaper change. The kids are mostly well behaved in the
stores with the exception of Dallas.  He's usually running in the
opposite direction or somewhere pooping his pamper between the area
rugs. He's also known to do a little (coffee) table dancing. *sigh*



3:15 PM - Truck is packed to the gills with today's finds (8 x 11 area
rug, coffee table, vases, pillar candles, a sculpture, floor lamp, and
accent pillows) and the kids haven't had a nap. I pop in a movie to
silence the whining.



3:45 PM - We arrive home and no one is tired anymore. Apparently my
trio took a power nap in the truck and are rearing to go. *sigh,
again* Evan reminds me we haven't done our lesson today (or had a
snack) and runs to the get our workbooks. I've been working with the
twins in developing their speech and have learned more about pivot
phrases and sound development than I thought I ever would. Words
cannot express how rewarding it is to see their progress. Dallas
benefits, too. At 1 year old, he recognizes the alphabets and the
sound each letter makes.

I've developed a "curriculum" using the Hooked On Phonics program,
crafts, and computer games. I also use playgroups and educational
outings to keep their little minds and bodies active. Our activities
vary during the week. Even while shopping today we discussed colors
and the numbers on the price tags.



6:00 PM - I pop a pizza in the oven and the kids watch a little Nick
Jr. I head to my office to enter today's receipts and confirm
contractors and deliveries for my install on Friday. On install days
or when I have appointments, one of my best friends (Mimi) sits with the
kids while I work. She's a lifesaver.

7:00 PM - Chris walks in the door and I start to hear angels sing. I
try to give him a few minutes to unwind. The kids, on the other hand,
dig into him instantly. They follow him as he changes clothes and then
convinces him to take them for a walk.



7:30 PM - They return and eat dinner, I guess. I sort of "disappear"
behind closed doors. It's my first bit of silence all day. For some
reason I'm still wearing my shoes. When I take them off I am reminded
that I'm badly in need of a pedicure.

My husband's cousin bought these shoes for me when she found out I did
not own a pair of flats. Nowadays, you hardly ever see me in heels. At
5'7", I'm still taller than most with heels on, HA!

8:30 PM - I sit down to write this post. 45 minutes
later, my Great-Aunt in South Carolina calls to say she's coming to
stay with us next Thursday through the weekend. *The angels sing
again* Looks like I have a confirmed (and free) babysitter for Chris'
football game next week! Yes!!

9:00 PM - The kids have a bath and are in bed.

10:00 PM - I make my to-do list for tomorrow and pull out my workout
clothes. I've got to start working out consistently again. I swear I
used to be a Haute Mama, now I'm just Mama...but I digress...

11:30 PM - I put the finishing touches on this post and contemplate
writing a blog post for my blog. Not happening, but maybe in the
morning. I'm beat and realize that I never ate dinner. I'm too tired
to prepare anything for myself. Hopefully, I will eat something tasty
in my dreams. Goodnight.

______________________________________________

Talk about a super mom! Erika got so much accomplished in her day! Makes me feel like I need to step things up a notch in my office.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Wowzers - that's some day! Go Erika!

I'm with you both; my fashion choices are mirrored in my decorating choices - colour, colour, colour!

August 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Emily A. Clark said...

Erika--It's scary how many similarities our lives have. Will say a prayer for you, busy mama!

Camila--love this series!!!

August 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Laura Trevey said...

Woo Hoo! Go Erika!!

Love this post ~
xo Laura

August 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Niki McNeill Brown said...

WoW Erika - you are amazing! Haha I hope I can have that much energy when I become a mom.

But next time, feed yourself girl! :)

August 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger L.Duncan@Home23DuncanBoys said...

Whew, your day made me tired! I believe all moms can relate to this!

August 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I'm exhausted! Adorable kids!!! Janell

August 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Tonia Lee Smith said...

It's amzazing how people when you think, you're busy someone else is even busier. I would have to drink tons of coffee to keep up with 3 little ones.

August 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So much fun I loved hearing about Erika's day the personal side of it!! Love those shoes, I'm 5'7" too and love wearing my flats more then heals now! Heals are for weekends :) unless I find a killer pair to wear to work

August 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

Great In Her Shoes post! The links weren't live for me though - just to let you know ;).

August 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Creategirl said...

Seriously you are AMAZING!I admire you even more for keeping it all together while still in good humor and creative genius!

August 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger diane@onlinefabricstore said...

Busy Mama!! I am so glad those days are over for me but admire her energy and tenacity.

August 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

I love Erika! I don't know how she does it all...super mom!!

August 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Anna Whiston-Donaldson said...

so nice to get to know you, erika!

August 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Erika,
This was so much fun to read! I enjoyed learning more about your wonderful life! You are a super mom!!! Great post!
xo
heather
cute fam by the way...:)

August 27, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger DesignTies said...

Wow -- that's a seriously busting-at-the-seams day!! Dallas sounds like a little bundle of energy -- love the line about pooping his pampers in the area rugs!! :-)

Kelly

August 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Erika Ward said...

Thank you everyone for your comments and your interest in a day in my life!

Now if only I had the energy that my kids do! I think I'm running on fumes!

August 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger ###### said...

one of my favorites...go E!

August 29, 2010 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Erika is such a great lady! I live in Atlanta too and get to see her around at events. She just kinda exudes this cool, chill and in control style. And how cute are her kids!

August 31, 2010 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home