Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PSA: Beware of wide-leg pants


Image via Flickr by Shelley&Darius

This morning I thought I looked oh so chic in my wide leg denim trousers. I was pretty happy with myself for getting away with wearing jeans to work. Of course, I was running late and was happy that the dogs were out with my husband so that I wouldn't be tripping over them going down the stairs. Well, apparently I don't need them to be a klutz, because on my way down the stairs my heel got caught in my pant leg and I went falling down my stairs. What a sight. Luckily I was unharmed and no one witnessed my embarrassing moment, but I did make a hole in my new jeans!

Now that it's almost time to go home I can actually laugh about it instead of freaking out that my life almost flashed before my eyes. Feel free to giggle while you envision me clutching my purse (of course) and the banister as I tried to save myself from the fall.

* Update: These pants are out to get me. It happened again. This time going down to the basement. These things need to come with instructions. I'm okay and I didn't poke another hole into my pants so that's a plus.

6 Comments:

Blogger pve design said...

Oh dear, who knew the perils of fashion!
Beauty has it's price! Hope you are ok.

October 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks for the concern Pat. All in all I'm fine. I probably gave myself some gray hairs, but that's about it. My pant leg got the grunt of the pain.

:)

October 21, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

oh my gosh! so glad you're OK.

But at least you looked good at work (minus hole in pants!)

October 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Lump said...

oooo thanks for the heads up! :)

October 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

What a horror story! I have a pair that I am afraid to wear for that exact reason. I shudder!

October 22, 2008 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger 72 and sunny said...

this has happened to me so many times i can't even tell you. I thought I was alone in my peril!

October 22, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home